Ready in: 30 minutes Serves: 2 Complexity: easy Origin: Sweets and Desserts
2 tablespoons raisins
¼ cup dark rum
4 egg yolks
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
4 egg whites at room temperature
2 tablespoons butter
1. Soak raisins in rum in small bowl 30 minutes; drain. Reserve rum for other use.
2. Heat oven to 400°.
3. Beat egg yolks and granulated sugar in medium-size bowl until thick and lemon-colored.
4. Beat in half-and-half.
5. Beat in flour, ½ cup at a time.
6. Beat in vanilla and lemon peel. Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until stiff but not dry; fold into egg yolk mixture.
7. Melt butter in 10-inch ovenproof skillet; pour batter into pan; sprinkle with raisins.
8. Bake until top is puffed and golden, about 15 minutes.
9. Invert pancake onto serving platter. Tear into 2-inch pieces with two forks. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with preserves.
Top image: ©Tirol Werbung