Ready in: 1h Serves: 2 Complexity: medium Origin: Sweets and Desserts
4 egg yolks
¼ cup flour
8 egg whites
¾ cup vanilla flavoured sugar
3 tablespoons of butter
a finger’s depth of milk
1. Beat 4 egg yolks light and creamy and beat in ¼ cup flour.
2. Beat 8 egg whites very stiff and add ¾ cup vanilla flavoured sugar, a little at a time.
The success of Nockerln depends on the stiffness of the egg whites; be sure not to under-beat.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons butter and a finger’s depth of milk in baking dish.
4. Now carefully fold the egg yolk mixture and the egg whites together and put in the baking dish. Bake until golden brown in the oven (250 degrees).
5. Dust with vanilla sugar and serve at once.
Image: © Österreich Werbung, Fotograf: Schreiber